You see many people use a microwave, don’t you? And, you don’t get used to using a toaster oven, right? So, you have ever wondered that you will choose the toaster oven or microwave oven when you go shopping. Apart from you, other housewives also feel curious about this. It understands this curiosity, so we want to share with you – the related knowledge to both through the comparison toaster ovens with microwave ovens. Let’s see!!!
Toaster Ovens vs Microwave Ovens
How to Cook the Food
- Toaster ovens: By heating the inside of the oven with the elements of heating, the food is cooked. Depending on the chosen model, the heating element is one or more. Since it makes the food cooked from the outside in, so the cooking time of toaster ovens is long in comparison with microwaves.
- Microwave ovens: Thanks to the electromagnetic waves, the molecules of water is heated up at the same time. For the result, the food is cooked. That’s why the toaster cooking is lower than microwave oven cooking.
Brown and Toast
The microwaves don’t have the ability to brown or toast the food while heating elements of toaster oven make the food toast and brown an even way.
While the toaster ovens crisp your food an excellent way, the microwave makes everything become soggy. Basically, if you want to have a bacon in your microwave, you will have to cook it the heck. Nevertheless, the result doesn’t still likely compare with a toaster oven. Let’s forget! A microwave will never bring a crispy one.
- Toaster ovens: The bread will be heated a wonderful way in your toaster oven. With this device, it is not difficult to make your bread become crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. On the other hand, you may also cook for a long period of time to keep warm, but not crispy.
- Microwave ovens: It is terrible if you choose to heat your bread. Whether you select the type of bread, it still ends up chewy and tough.
Whatever there are microwaves or toasters, they can cook potatoes as well as sweet potatoes a good way. Nonetheless, the result of the toaster ovens is better than a microwave oven though the toaster oven is to take a lot of time.
Cook Frozen Food
- Toaster ovens: To cook the frozen foods, this home appliance is excellent. A couple of models, the Breville BOV800XL toaster, for instance, have the ability to adjust the temperature and cooking time to cook the frozen foods. Although cooking the frozen foods is slower than the microwave ovens, many foods have a crispy crust, thanks to the convection.
- Microwave ovens: If you want frozen foods to be cooked a quick way, a microwave is an ideal selection. In comparison with toaster ovens, its cooking time is faster. However, the result is not crispy.
If the microwave ovens are not diverse in cooking pizza, in particular, the Hot Pocket pizza or the types along with the silver boxes inside. On the contrary, the toaster ovens allow you to cook a wide range of pizzas with the size ~ 9-13. The result with a crispy crust is very perfect, right?
A couple of toaster ovens have owned the convection cooking. With this feature, you can cook faster and at the low temperature. Inevitably, the microwave ovens haven’t owned this feature.
Cook with Large Quantity
For the toaster ovens, the best is to cook with a small quantity of food while the microwave ovens are easy to meet this need.
Frequently, we still think that reheating food should do in a microwave oven. Nonetheless, in fact, a toaster oven provides a better result. Even though it will take a lot of time compared to microwave ovens, you shall have a greater food. In this aspect, the toaster ovens are more outstanding.
- Toaster ovens: You just need to put the food in the toaster and set the temperature at the low level. It’s okay!
- Microwave ovens: You can only keep warm the food after it is cooked. However, it still cools if you don’t serve right away.
The microwave ovens are easier than the toasters. The non-removable rack is a disadvantage while you can remove the rack of microwaves an easy way.
Interior and Exterior Heat
- Toaster ovens: The majority of toaster ovens has exterior heat throughout using. Consequently, you need to avoid putting the plastic things too close to the toaster. What’s more, the interior heat is hotter. If you want to remove the food after cooking, you should equip the pads.
- Microwave ovens: They don’t have the exterior heat while using. But, similar to the toaster ovens, you must also wear the pads when removing the food.
When saying to the countertop, the toaster ovens are light, small, and easy to move compared to the microwave ovens. The exception case is the mounted-under-counter microwaves.
We make a comparison between the toaster and microwave oven right now. Cooking with a toaster oven, it takes 1,200-1,800 watts – 12¢/ 1,000 watts ~ 15¢ – 22¢ per hour while using a microwave only takes 700-1,300 watts – 12¢/ 1,000 watts ~ 8¢ – 16¢ per hour. Looking at these numbers, it can recognize that using the toaster oven is more expensive than a microwave oven.
Based on this comparison, we can recognize that the toaster oven cooking is slower than the microwave oven cooking, but it brings a better taste and texture. Depending on your decision, if you want to save, the microwave will be your selection. Nonetheless, to have a delicious meal, the toaster oven is more outstanding. You can be going to take a little time compared to using the microwave, but you will have a better food. Your decision is…microwave oven? Or toaster oven?